Monday, November 20, 2006

Of Blood and Birthday - I

To be frank, this blog should have been put up some 3 weeks back. But me being me, I just kept on postponing things. And so in the end here I am actually typing this thing on my computer. So I am 21 now. Celebrated my birthday on 26th last month- October that is. What took place that day was not something that I would have really anticipated. It was completely incongruous. But I guess that’s what made this birthday somewhat different. So here is what happened that day.

I was awake when the clock struck 12. A couple of my friends called me then. Then before I wished myself, I knew that I had to listen to some proper music that would really fit the mood and situation I was in. So there I was in my home, alone in the living room while my parents were sleeping upstairs. And I put in my Pink Floyd CD and listened to “TIME”. Just lost myself in the leads and in the lyrics. And as the song came to an end, I was no longer feeling that void in me. And then I went to sleep.

Morning came and all those whom I expected to wish me, called me and wished me. And I was happy about that. There were some, about whom I had just given a thought. And wondered what they would be thinking about me on that day. I was wondering because they were the people who I knew would not be calling.

But that was not my concern. My concern was the fact that I had absolutely nothing planned for that day. Nothing at all. No meeting up with friends. Nothing whatsoever. Ok my aunt and her family were going to come in the evening and we were going to cut my cake. But when it came to the day, I had nothing on my mind. So I called up my friend and he asked me to come to his college in the afternoon.

And so I went there and I met him and I met a few of my old friends from my Joseph’s PU College. And I was really happy to meet all of them. I went for a small treat with him and that was it. I came back home. There was nothing that I did apart from that. And so I waited for the evening. And it came. And my mom was preparing a special dinner. My dad was on his way and my grandparents would be coming soon and my aunt would be a bit late. And then something happened.

No comments: